Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm so unmotivated right now.

I really thought that getting a job and actually knowing what the plan was for next year would really light a fire under my ass and get me moving on my classes, but I think I may actually want to do LESS. No more, tomorrow is the day of much homeworking.

I've been into Pampa twice this week in search of a new abode, and its just not looking good. I managed to find all the apartments in town, but I have come to the tragic realization that my current place has spoiled me for anything I am going to be finding there. Every place I drove by was just so ghetto...and while I am not above staying the night in a trashy motel in the search for a cheap place, I am most definitely above living in a trashy ghetto apartment for a year. I just cant do it anymore, I've had better, and I want to stay that way. My only lead on a place is at what appears (from the outside) to be the nicest apartments in town. They have one opening for August, a one bedroom townhouse that is a little smaller than my current place. The only problem is that she has NOTHING that she can show me before that. So I could sit on my hands and wait until August 10th for this place to open up, and then look at it and make a decision, or I can jump in and decide to talk it sight unseen. In my friend Brad's eloquent words, They want me to Buy Pandora's Box, and move on in. I really would rather have a house than an apartment, but I just cant seem to find anything that is available to rent, instead of buy. I'm not really in the market to BUY a house in Pampa this year. No, not so much.

The SBUX countdown is now officially on. They handed out the work schedules for the next two weeks yesterday, so I know when I am working right up until my LAST day, August 3rd. Yay! Now, lets see if I can stand the place that long, its getting more and more difficult.

2 comments:

KP said...

For the record, you need to look into HUD housing... 50% off the already reduced LISTING price for teachers, law officers, and other civil service employees. Only catch is you have to live there for at least 3 years...

Here's the site for texas...
http://www.hud.gov/local/index.cfm?state=tx

Watch out for damages. I will say, there are a few around here that were built in 2007 and are HUGE... at half price, they're under 100k, which is NOT bad at all.

Just throwing it out there.

Anonymous said...

you need to update!!! and no excuses, because you have a lot to talk about!