Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Quarter Century Mark

I'm officially all moved out of Panhandle, and basically not unpacked AT ALL. Rather than my original plan of having one group of people help me load the truck on Friday evening and another help me unload on Saturday, I wound up with the same people helping me on Saturday and Sunday. We finally got everything off the truck and into the house by about 3:30 Sunday afternoon. I managed to pull something in several spots in my back, and spent most of Monday with an ice pack on the couch and at the chiropractor. I go back to the doc tomorrow and hopefully he'll get me all re-adjusted. I went to Panhandle yesterday after school and turned in my key, shut down my PO BOX, and changed my address officially. I haven't gotten much accomplished since I moved in, and I sincerely doubt tonight will be any different...especially because it's my birthday!(you might think after reading that last sentence that I am excited about my 25th birthday, but you would be sorely mistaken)

I hit the big 2-5 today. Whoo. I'm not really celebrating until this weekend, and I intend to embrace it not as my birthday party, but as my quarter life-crisis party. We're having sushi at Kabuki, and then dancing and drinking the night away at Burberry's where the Electric Gypsies are playing. I am going to be numb to the world by the time we go home. I promise.

School is going well, the substitute on Monday managed to single-handedly end my last project. Her ONE instruction was pick out a student from each class and have them spray down their clay projects and cover them up with the plastic...and when I walked in on Tuesday, every single class's project board was uncovered and dry. Good job sub, way to ruin a week and a half's work of work. Wow. So, this week we started pointillism. This project ought to take a little while as well, I am having them completely cover their papers, and requiring them to mix a few colors optically (by having blue and yellow dots together in a section it will look green from across the room). It's going really well, most of them picked out relatively complicated pictures to dot out. They're looking great so far!

0 comments: