Friday, January 16, 2009

New Haircut


As promised, here is a shot of me with my new haircut. I really love it! Short and spiky is kinda sassy too, so I feel like smiling when I look in the mirror for a change.

This was a rough week. I went home from school sick on Tuesday morning. I hit the clinic in Claude later that morning, and came home with an allergy medicine, a nose spray, an antibiotic and a bandaide on my ass where they gave me a big shot...I had first year teacher academy the next day, so that made getting up a little easier since I didn't have to worry about classes all day. The rest of the week has pretty much slid by. Taylor and I went and got pedicures last night, and that was really relaxing. Plus, the place I like to go to gives free margaritas while you are getting your nails done. It wasn't a very good margarita, but good enough as far as free ones go.

When I was gone on Wednesday, my advanced class did the funniest thing I think they have done all year. One of my kids was messing around with the paint when my sub asked him what he was doing. The other kids at the table explained to her that Michael was "special" and that "he does that sometimes..." and instead of getting mad that they said he was special, Michael just ran with it. He played the part all class period, and my sub BOUGHT IT. He apparently even came in to 7th period as well, and when she asked him what he was doing he ignored her, sat down at the boy's table, said "I'm gonna draw a cow" and drew one, stood up and ran out of the room. Ridiculous! The only note the sub left about it was "Michael played with the paint some, the other kids said he does that sometimes. I don't think he hurt anything." I didn't even have the heart ot be mad at them for messing with the sub, the whole thing was so creative and well played. Plus, I can't believe how dumb she must be to have believed them...

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I just rediscovered your blog and I cannot believe how funny this story is. How cool are those kids?