Monday, October 26, 2009

Gold Paint

I was ready for lunch by halfway through 1st period today. One of my girls brought the marker bucket up to me during class and pointed out that someone had put a huge puddle of gold paint in the bottom of it (likely sometime on Friday), so that every time someone moved the markers around the got coated in paint. UGH! I wanted to scream...and instead I stood at the sink for half of the class rinsing off markers. I could have sworn I taught high school, but apparently at some point they made the switch on me and I have 2nd graders now. Sometimes I want to strangle them, good thing I have my temper in check.

I've just started talking to a new guy from online, he SEEMS really nice so far. I say SEEMS because so far my experience has been that men are only fake nice to get in your pants. He does seem like a legitimately cool guy though, AND he lives in Pampa! Double Kudos points! He's also REALLY tall, like over 1 foot taller than me (and I'm 5'6", do the math). I haven't met him yet, but we talked online yesterday for hours and exchanged numbers. We're supposed to meet on Wednesday, I think we're gonna grab dinner and go bowling (where he will no doubt kick my ass). Yay!

0 comments: