Monday, October 19, 2009

I must be a terrible teacher.

Am I the only one who sometimes thinks my students are complete idiots?? I started 2 point perspective with my kids this week, and I have put the instructions step by step on the board. I went over it step by step, and had them copy it down and practice...and they STILL start drawing stuff that is NOTHING like what is on the board. They say shit to me like "but I don't know how to do it!" and I can't help but wonder if they are just not all there. Its all I can do today to not just look at them and say "well, then you are a dumbass".

I was in a good buddy's wedding this weekend, and I swear to all of blogger world it is the last wedding I will go to for the next 365 days. I'm done, not doing it, don't care who you are. It was a beautiful ceremony, and a beautifully decorated home that they held the wedding at...and I was literally THE. ONLY. SINGLE. PERSON. THERE. It didn't really sink in hard until I started thinking about what was going to happen when she threw the bouquet and I was the only one standing there. It wound up being me and her new 5 year old step daughter-- and I told the little one that she better catch it because I had no intention of catching it myself. I've lost count of how many times I have caught the damn bouquet, and I sure don't see any ring on my finger-- I think it must actually be BAD luck to catch it. As far as I'm concerned, I am going to reverse my luck by not attending any more weddings for a long time.

1 comments:

a tattooed teacher in texas said...

you are definitely not alone! i feel like that all the time. they don't listen or concentrate when you're talking. it's rediculous! i've been getting really frustrated with them lately.