geez this has been a busy month.
A lot of stuff has happened since the last time I wrote, and I'm not sure I can even remember it all, so here are the highlights:
The 5th period fight I talked about in my last post wound up being a huge ordeal. Apparently one of the students involved told the other one that he planned to bring a gun to school the next day to shoot him in the head. By the time I heard the whole story my entire 5th period was on edge that day wondering if anything was going to happen. But my little terrorist never showed that day. I put in a police report, and was the 3rd teacher to do so about that kid that day. He apparently also told another student he was going to slit his throat. By Thursday afternoon that week, the kid had been arrested. Its a federal offense to even make statements about doing something like that on a school campus. He is now in DAEP, which is basically where we send our childhood felons to school.
I have a new boyfriend, and hes a swetheart. His name is Colby, and I'm getting to be pretty crazy about him. He's 25, 6'2, and lives in Amarillo. He has a culinary arts degree, as well as one in nuclear medicine...but he doesn't work in either field. He does websites for a bunch of car dealerships in the area, takes pics of the cars on the lot and uploads them to the sites. He is also a movie addict, he owns more movies that I think I have ever seen, which is nice because he almost always has something for us to watch that I haven't seen before. I think this one might just be one of those nice guys I've heard about all my life.
Last night was the 12x12 exhibition at the Amarillo Museum of Art. I made a raku platter with a copper handle for the auction, but as of last night no one had purchased it. They typically strongarm their patrons into buying everything though, so I'm hoping that someone will decide they want it. It was a fun night, Taylor came along as my date. I love getting all dressed up and going out there for shows. Plus, I had a lot of friends with pieces for auction last night, and several more who just came out to the show. Theres a lot to be said for free food and an open bar. Unfortunately they didn't order nearly enough food to feed everyone- the table was picked clean before we made it over there. We wound up going to dinner at the restaurant that catered the show, everything smelled so good. By the time we finished dinner I was so exhausted I thought I wouldn't make it home before I fell asleep. I rolled in about 10:30, and was in bed by 10:45.
Being a teacher wears me out.
123Movie Le Brio Inscription gratuite
7 years ago
1 comments:
aww..yay for new boyfriends!
Post a Comment