Thursday, October 2, 2008

Spirit Week



Geez this has been a rough week emotionally.

I've been running myself ragged this week. I've been sick since last sunday, and I still have a cough that is sticking with me. I'll probably have it until next summer hits the way its going now. My kids have been doing 1 and 2 point perspective, and some of them just haven't been catching on- they call me back and forth across the room to help. I haven't had a moment to sit down during the day all week. Most of them seem to really be getting the hang of 2 point perspective though, so maybe next week will calm down a little.

All this week was spirit week at school, and we've had dress up days every day. Monday was hat day, Tuesday was cowboys and Indians, yesterday was my personal favortie to watch- Old people day. My kids came in with grey hair and wearing robes and slippers. I even had a few old men with canes. Today was Green and Gold day, and I spent part of every class period painting kids faces (Fun!), and tomorrow everyone is supposed to dress up nice.

I started doing Op Art with my art II kids today, and I think I may have hit on something they will actually take their time on and enjoy. They all seemed interested today at least. The pic up top is a shot of the example I am working on for them so far. That seemed to get their attention, for once.

Tomorrow is Homecoming, so it promises to be complete insanity at school tomorrow. I hope we can still get something done in class. The game will be fun, we're playing Plainview. I think I am going to volunteer to help the drama teacher paint faces during the first quarter and then hang with her for the game- its her birthday tomorrow.

I've gone back and forth this week between getting a new car, and not, and finally getting it again. I'm driving to Abilene on Saturday to pick up my new red Honda CRV! Yay! I can't wait to pick up my new baby!

0 comments: